libverto.so.0

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Mon Jan 7 10:55:37 EST 2019

On 1/7/19 10:29 AM, Yegui Cai wrote:
> I built kdc from source code. When I run kadmind it complains the missing
> dependency of libverto.so.0. My machine has libverto.so.1. Would it work if
> i create a softlink to libverto.so.1?

Not necessarily.

Did you run "make install" at any point?  libverto.so.0 should be in the
install tree along with the other libraries, and in the run-time library
path for kadmind.  You can set a path prefix for the installation using
the --prefix configure flag.

You can also rebuild using the system verto by making sure that the
verto development package is installed (libverto-dev on Debian/Ubuntu),
along with pkg-config.  At configure time for the krb5 tree, make sure
it says "Using system libverto" instead of "Using built-in libverto".
(Configuring with the --with-system-verto flag will make configure error
out rather than falling back to the built-in verto.)