Determening the number of clients per KDC

Andrew Cobaugh andrew.cobaugh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 20:27:10 EDT 2018

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 9:32 AM, Sergei Gerasenko <gerases at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you so much for confirming that the KDCs are fast. This saved me a
> ton of time writing my own tests, etc. Andrew, as far as workers, is it one
> worker per core in general as Russ theorized?

I haven't played with the workers option very much. We (major public
university) don't run with workers in production, as we only see peaks
around 500 rps, mostly from wireless authentication (but sometimes
single-digit second bursts when there are disruptions in the network core
and wireless auths get backed up on the controllers). Our KDCs are Dell
Poweredge R330 with decently fast disk and 8 cores. With workers set to 8,
I was getting ~20k rps iirc, but I think my load test client was maxed out
at that point. That test was sufficient to know that we could enable "turbo
boost" if we needed too

--
andy