kpropd issue when upgrading from 1.8.2 to 1.13.2

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Tue Jun 30 12:56:23 EDT 2015

On 06/27/2015 02:18 AM, John Devitofranceschi wrote:
> It seems that the 1.8.2 dump file claims to be ipropx, but it still only has the old-style policy records and that makes the 1.13.2 kpropd’s resync fail when kdb5_util is loading the kdb.

It looks like we messed up when adding the 1.11 policy extensions, and
did not preserve iprop dump format compatibility.  I have filed an issue
here:

    http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=8213

> Are there any other possible work-arounds that don’t involve recompiling?

I don't believe so.  We can retroactively add compatibility with
pre-1.11 iprop dump files, but that would require recompiling (or
upgrading to some future version).