Native kinit core dump on Solaris with newer KDC

John Devitofranceschi foonon at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 09:40:14 EDT 2014

After we upgraded our KDC from 1.8.2 to 1.11.3, we found that the older Solaris systems' native kinit started core dumping.

Initially, the clients have no default entypes defined, or they might have des-cbc-crc and des3-cbc-sha1 defined.

The core dumps stop when we define des-cbc-crc as the only default enctype in the clients' krb5.conf files.

Any ideas about what might have changed between 1.8.2 and 1.11.3?

Is there any way to undo it in the configuration of the KDC?

jd