Name types for SPN of form HTTP/webserver.example.com

Arpit Srivastava arpit.orb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 01:09:34 EST 2013

I am getting server name from my service provider as
webserver.example.com(which is hosted on AD) and and I have to make my
client application form a
pricipal name by itself. What I am doing is that just appending HTTP/
infront of it. Is it correct way OR there can be cases where we can't just
guess SPN like this ? I guess browser does this thing in similar manner. Is
there any authority document for guidance ?