Automatic keytab creation

Ross Smith rjsm at umich.edu
Tue Oct 23 00:56:21 EDT 2012

We here require the person reloading a machine to be authorized to reload
it.  That means that we can ask for a principal and password to get
started.  From there we have an internally developed system that we are
working to replace with wallet to handle our keytab creation for new hosts
and hosts that have changed names.

One other option we have looked at (and eventually are going to implement)
is giving hosts that are set to be reloaded a keytab that is authorized to
reload any host.  This does pose some security concerns if other parts of
your environment aren't under some sort of acl control.

Ross Smith <rjsm at umich.edu>
College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support