Streamlining host principal keytab provisioning?

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri May 4 11:27:30 EDT 2012

Sebastian Galiano <Sebastian.Galiano at spilgames.com> writes:

> I had some problems trying to execute the commands you recommend me with
> the admin user. Then, I've tried to start almost all over. I've erased
> the wallet database, I've created it again. I've added the wallet user
> and I've granted the permissions. But when I execute the command:
>
> $ wallet-admin initialize wallet
> I get the follwing error
>   invalid admin principal wallet

The argument to initialize is a Kerberos principal.  It's the initial
membership of the ADMIN ACL.  See docs/setup:

    Now, you have to create the necessary tables, indexes, and similar
    content in the database so that the wallet can start working.  Run:

        wallet-admin initialize USER

    where USER is the fully-qualified Kerberos principal of an
    administrator.  This will create the database, create an ADMIN ACL,
    and put USER in that ACL so that user can add other administrators and
    start creating objects.