version krb5support_0_MIT not defined

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 7 18:52:11 EST 2012

Jeff Blaine <jblaine at kickflop.net> writes:

> Here's my understanding of what is happening:
>
> sshd --> pam_krb5.so  (*)
>              |--> /usr/rcf-krb5/lib/libcom_err.so.3   (**)
>                          |--> /usr/lib64/libkrb5support.so.0  (***)

How did you determine which path was actually used to find
libkrb5support.so.0?

> All built with LDFLAGS="-Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker /usr/rcf-krb5/lib"
>
> * Our module, not stock RHEL.
> ** Being found properly as /usr/rcf-krb5/lib/libcom_err.so.3,
>     according to syslog line above.
> *** WTF
>
> I just spent another hour on this, and it just makes no
> sense to me.  I can see all of the proper runtime linker
> path info right in the output of make for both MIT
> Kerberos 1.9.2 and the PAM module.  It all shows up in
> 'readelf -d' output too.

What are the direct dependencies listed by "readelf -d" for sshd and
pam_krb5.so?  (the "NEEDED" lines)

> For some reason I cannot begin to explain, the MIT
> libcom_err.so.3 is seeking libkrb5support.so.0 and
> refuses to find it sitting right where it was told
> to look.

It's possible that setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable to "libs"
would give you more useful information about the shared library search
paths.  You might need to point LD_DEBUG_OUTPUT somewhere useful so it
won't send the debug output to stderr.