Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Tue May 25 10:37:26 EDT 2010

Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Should it be possible to load the host service principal from
> /etc/krb5.keytab for the purpose of authenticating against an Active
> Directory server?  That is, should I expect this to work?
>
>   kinit -k host/buildmaster.example.com at EXAMPLE.COM

AD will look for an account where the principal matches the
userPrincipalName attribute, or where the principal will match
samAccountName at DOMAIN

I suspect that in your case the userPrincipalName (if any) is
host/buildmaster at EXAMPLE.COM and the sAMAccountName is BUILDMASTER$
so kinit -k host/buildmaster at EXAMPLE.COM may work
and kinit -k BUILDMASTER$@EXAMPLE.COM
should work.

For machine that is not Windows you could change the userPrincipalName
attribute on the account to host/buildmaster.example.com at EXAMPLE.COM