kprop: Software caused connection abort while reading response from server

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Wed Apr 23 14:25:26 EDT 2008

Onto the next problem:

[ This guy never got responded to in public that I can see:    ]
[ http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2007-August/012034.html ]

kdc% sudo sbin/kprop -f /var/krb5kdc/slave_datatrans kdc2.foo.com
sbin/kprop: Software caused connection abort while reading response from
server
kdc%

Leaves me with this on the following on the slave KDC (kdc2)
and the inability to use 'kdb5_util stash' due to 'no such
file or directory' because principal.ok does not exist
(according to truss).

kdc2# pwd
/var/krb5kdc
kdc2# ls -lart
total 998
-rw-------   1 root     root         151 Apr 23 14:12 kpropd.acl
drwxr-xr-x  48 root     sys         1024 Apr 23 14:16 ../
-rw-------   1 root     root      255017 Apr 23 14:19 from_master
-rw-------   1 root     root           0 Apr 23 14:19 principal~.kadm5.lock
-rw-------   1 root     root        8192 Apr 23 14:19 principal~.kadm5
-rw-------   1 root     root      212992 Apr 23 14:19 principal~
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         512 Apr 23 14:19 ./
-rw-------   1 root     root        8192 Apr 23 14:19 principal
-rw-------   1 root     root           0 Apr 23  2008 principal~.ok
kdc2#

Any ideas?