kerberos, hpux 11.11, ssh

Wilson, Michael michael.wilson at diebold.com
Tue May 8 12:07:39 EDT 2007

Hello,

We are running into problems with the installation of Kerberos V5 on and
hpux 11.11 machine.

When we try to login using Active Directory Authentication we get the
following in our debug.log file:

May  8 09:59:21 PAM: load_function: successful load of
pam_sm_authenticate
May  8 09:59:21 PAM: pam_set_item(8)
May  8 09:59:21 PAM: load_modules: /usr/lib/security/libpam_unix.1
May  8 09:59:41 PAM: pam_set_item(6)
May  8 09:59:41 PAM: [Cannot find KDC for requested realm] Unable to
verify Kerberos V5 TGT: [abc.diebold.com]
May  8 09:59:41 PAM: Kerberos V5 TGT bad: Cannot find KDC for requested
realm
May  8 09:59:21 PAM: load_function: successful load of
pam_sm_authenticate
May  8 09:59:41 PAM: while verifying tgt[Unknown code ____ 255]

We can login using KDC/AD credentials by using kinit.  The ticket gets
created and is placed in the /tmp directory
We verify that there was a ticket made and when it will expire by using
the klist.  It works as well along with kdestroy.

When we type login from the command prompt to try logging back into the
same localhost or another hpux machine
we get the same error as mentioned above.

We have Linux machines running RHEL 4 and Kerberos that work just fine.

PS.  Let me know if you need any more information