kpropd and slurpd

Bryan K. Wright bryan at ayesha.phys.virginia.edu
Fri Jul 20 09:51:39 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

	I'm thinking about setting up replication between my
kdc and a slave kdc.  I'm using MIT kerberos 1.6.1 backed by
an ldap database.  Both the krb5kdc and slapd are running on
the same machine, and I plan to duplicate this on the slave
machine.

	Since the database is ldap, can I just use slurpd to keep
the two servers in sync, or do I also need to run kpropd?  Since
both kpropd and slurpd would be modifying the slave machine's ldap
database, I'm worried that they might bump into each other.

	Thanks for any advice.

					Bryan

Bryan Wright              |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department        | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia    | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901|
(434) 924-7218            |         bryan at virginia.edu