krb5-sync 1.1 released

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 27 17:52:53 EDT 2007

I'm pleased to announce release 1.1 of krb5-sync.

krb5-sync is a toolkit for updating passwords and account status from an
MIT Kerberos master KDC to Active Directory and/or an AFS kaserver.  It
is implemented as a patch to kadmind and a plugin module that will push
password changes and selected account flag changes to Active Directory
or to a kaserver at the same time as they are made to the local KDC
database.

Changes from previous release:

    MIT Kerberos kadmind (at least in 1.4.4) doesn't always nul-terminate
    principal instances when processing kpasswd requests.  The instance
    verification also didn't correctly handle some combinations of
    allowed instances.  Rewrite the check routine to cope with all of
    these issues.

You can download it from:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/krb5-sync/>

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.