Can Kerberos be used under this scenario?

Paul B. Hill pbh at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 18 08:58:16 EDT 2006

Outlook 2003 only supports Kerberos authentication when connecting to an
Exchange server. At this time Microsoft has chosen to not support Kerberos
authentication for Outlook users connecting to any other mail servers.

-----Original Message-----
From: kerberos-bounces at MIT.EDU [mailto:kerberos-bounces at MIT.EDU] On Behalf
Of fabster
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:00 AM
To: kerberos at mit.edu
Subject: Can Kerberos be used under this scenario?

Hi,

Currently as end users we login to network/domain via Microsoft solution.
And when we were to access our outlook, our backend outlook mail server is a
Sun JES Messaging Server which utilizes Sun JES Directory server for
authentication. Thus we will need to login a second time in to access the
email.

We would like to know whether using Kerberos will are able to login only
once to the network and when we access Outlook without need a relogin?

Please advice.

Regards,
Fabian.
l#a3963757
Sent from the Kerberos - General forum at Nabble.com.