Message stream modified error

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Sat Nov 12 08:30:11 EST 2005

I have a Kerberos setup with a w2k3 AD and MIT Kerberos 1.3.1 on my Unix
platform (rc4-hmac(23) is the default encrypton type). I have many Unix
hosts successfully integrated into Kerberos. But now I see from time to time
an error "message stream modified" in the AP_REP when using mutual
authentication.  This happens when the server is running on windows (e.g.
Vshell or the AD ldap interface), so no ktpass or similar tool was used
(setspn -L shows the right service principals for the servers). The client
is the latest openldaps ldapsearch with sasl/MIT Kerberos or Openssh with
MIT Kerberos respectivily.

Has anybody seen the problem and knows what the reason for it is ?

Thanks
Markus