kerberos authentication for apache on windows

Kallapur, Madhusudan V madhusudan.v.kallapur at intel.com
Thu Jun 2 15:22:30 EDT 2005

looks like your spnego is not requesting Kerberos tokens or windows xp
client doesn't support Kerberos tokens.

1. you may want to configure win xp client, I guess you are using IE
browser, as described in the link below

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsecur
e/html/http-sso-1.asp

2. I have used mod_auth_krb (http://modauthkerb.sourceforge.net/) to
configure my apache webserver ( running on linux) successfully for
SPNEGO with Kerberos authentication. you may want to add these lines to
your conf file

<Location />
   AuthType Kerberos
   KrbMethodNegotiate on
   ------ your rest of the stuff comes here -----
</Location>

3. Use network protocol analyzer tools (ethereal works for me) to see
whats going on between KDC, client and server. You may want to run the
tool on client as it talks to both KDC and server.