When does krb5_rd_req return ENOENT?

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Tue Sep 21 15:16:18 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 17:09 +0000, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> >3. From an strace, I've managed to find out that the Kerberos library
> >opens the replay cache, reads it, and then tries to open a file with the
> >empty string as file name (which explains the ENOENT). It then closes
> >the replay cache.
> >
> >I've linked against the MIT Krb5 libraries, version 1.2.7.
> >
> >Can someone be as kind as to shed some light on this problem for me?
>
> I've seen cases where a system crash can corrupt the replay cache.  This
> sounds like it might be what happened here.  The fix is to simply delete
> the replay cache; the next run of a Kerberos daemon will fix it, and
> everything will be fine.

I'm sorry, it turned out to be a configuration error from my part. When
I reinstalled this server of mine after fixing the bug that made it
crash in the first place, I accidentally overwrote its configuration
file, and that is what somehow caused the error.

On a side note, I had already tried deleting the replay cache, but since
that wasn't it, it obviously didn't help.

Thanks for your willingness to help me, anyway, and sorry for wasting
your time.

Fredrik Tolf