Kerberos and UW-IMAP

Donn Cave donn at drizzle.com
Mon Sep 13 01:29:52 EDT 2004

Quoth dlucio at okay.com.mx ("Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz"):

| Well, I was wondering if someone has a successful history on setting up
| WU-IMAP 2002+ (I use 2004) with Krb auth?  I have just this realms
| configured
|
| imap/host.domain
| but then what I shall do?  WU IMAP does no have enoght doc.

Shouldn't need one for this (though I guess one benefit of
more documentation might be that people would know its name
better - WU?)

The source distributions does have directions for building
with Kerberos 5.  If that happened, and the key for that
imap service principal is there in /etc/krb5.keytab, the
server should support GSSAPI authentication.  Apple Mail,
Pine are a couple of clients that come to mind that support
GSSAPI authentication.  imapd logs to the "mail" syslog log.
There is a comp.mail.imap newsgroup, where people know more
about this software.

	Donn Cave, donn at drizzle.com