MITKRB5-SA-2004-002: double-free vulnerabilities

Mike Friedman mikef at ack.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Sep 1 16:09:40 EDT 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 at 15:00 (-0400), Chaskiel M Grundman wrote:

> It appears that gnupg removes trailing blanks from every line, and pgp6
> does not. The following scriptlet will convert one of these patch files
> into a form that pgp 6.5.8/linux is able to verify for me:
>
> perl -ne 'chomp;s/\s+$//;print $_,"\n"' IN.txt > OUT.txt

Chaskiel,

You've got it!  Your suggestion works.  Which is somewhat disconcerting as
I've not had a problem verifying documents with PGP 6.5.8 before and I
don't like the fact that it's apparently not following what is now a
standard.

Anyway, it appears I do have a valid patch now.

Thanks.

Mike