problem setting up ssh-krb5 from Debian Sarge

dkuhl dkuhl at paritysys.net
Fri Oct 29 13:14:01 EDT 2004

	I don't know about a recommended way for exporting X, not something
I've had to be involved with.  I think the technique you're persuing is
probably ok.

	I would recommend changing your common-auth so that pam is not
required.  Mine reads like this:

#auth   required        pam_unix.so nullok_secure
auth       sufficient   pam_krb5.so
auth       sufficient   pam_unix.so nullok try_first_pass
auth       required     pam_deny.so

	So I have pam_unix.so commented out where it's defined as required and
include it on another line as sufficient.  That may be what's blocking you.

	I'm running Debian Sarge on several machines and I'm able to ssh to any
of them using MIT Kerberos for authentication.  Most of my user accounts
on the servers were created without passwords so the Krb5 ticket is the
only way to get on the machine (root ssh access is denied).

D.

David Kuhl
Parity Systems
dkuhl at paritysys.com