MIT KDC for windows

Ish-Lev Avshalom avshalom at ishlev.com
Tue Mar 16 08:07:23 EST 2004

I'm reposting again about this problem, since I have had very little
success, and I find it hard to believe that no-one has ever tried this
before...
I need to have the MIT KDC server compile on a windows system, in a way
that
I can deliver the binaries to a different windows machine.
I have managed to compile it from the sources (got a krb5kdc.exe file),
but
I can't seem to make it work.
I get the following error message:
krb5kdc: Configuration file does not specify default realm, attempting to
retrieve default realm

I think that it is looking for the file at '/etc/krb5.conf' (a location
that
naturally can not be found on a windows machine), and the error message
should have been "unable to open configuration file: file not found" or
something like that.
So far, I have been successful at finding the file that defines the
location of the configuration file (probably due to my poor knowledge in C
programming...).
I would really appreciate some guidance as to where those definitions are,
or if I'm missing the mark here, what should I do to make it work?

--
Thanks,
Ish-Lev Avshalom