Problem with cross realm trust and udp between AD and MIT

James kerberos at memberships.rfc527.org
Wed Jun 23 13:09:45 EDT 2004

Hey Russ!

It *may* be sufficient to set:

	HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Domains\MYREALM

This is a dword, and the bit you need set is 0x02

See:

	http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/default.asp?url=/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/regentry/95141.asp

Best,

J.

/*
 * Also Sprach Russell Shapiro (2004-06-23 04:05:29 -0700):
 *
 * Thanks for your response. I don't see the /SetRealmFlags on my version
 * of KSETUP? Do I need a specific version? Here are the switches I see:
 *
 * ksetup /?
 *
 * USAGE:
 * /SetRealm DnsDomainName -- set name of RFC1510 Kerberos Realm
 * /MapUser Principal Account -- Map Kerberos Principal to account (* =
 * any/all)
 * /AddKdc RealmName KdcName -- add additional KDC address for the given
 * realm
 * /DelKdc RealmName KdcName -- delete instance(s) of KDC address for the
 * realm
 * /AddKpasswd Realmname KpasswdName -- Add Kpasswd server address for a
 * realm
 * /DelKpasswd Realmname KpasswdName -- Delete Kpasswd server address for
 * a realm
 * /Server Servername -- specify name of a Windows 2000 machine to target
 * changes
 * /SetComputerPassword Password -- set the local machine's password
 * /Domain DomainName -- use this domain (blank for domain in your
 * logged-on domain
 * )
 * /ChangePassword OldPasswd NewPasswd -- change logged-on user's
 * password via Kpassword
 *
 * Thanks,
 * Russell