kerberos failure code 0xE

Graham Turner ipcomputers at btconnect.com
Fri Feb 6 05:00:03 EST 2004

Dear all, am attempting debug of a logon failure in a "pure" Windows 2000
domain environment

we have found on the authenticating DC a security event log entry which
gives us a failure code 0xE

have referenced this Kerberos failure code to the following meaning;

"KDC has no support for encryption type"

have posted on Microsoft sites for response as to what could be actually
causing this - I have a theory of an administrator resetting a password
using the NT4 user manager which would it seem set passwords in a different
way (certainly not Kerberos aware !) as compared to AD users and computers.

TIA

GT