Windows 2003 questions

Fletch fletch72 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 12:29:00 EST 2004

Hi

I have setup a windows 2003 server and created a test domain named kerberos.com
I then installed the MIT leash on the box and created a realm named
MTXKERB.com and the kdc is mtxkdc.com

Now I created a trust on the windows side to the mtxkerb.com realm and
made it transitive with two way.
I then opened leash and login to the domain not the realm and I get
tickets but now I am lost.
Basically I have no idea how to create the kerberos users or passwords
and then what to do to test it.
I don't know if the kerberos server can be on the windows box as I
thought that is what I had setup.  I found that kadmin is supposed to
manage the users and passwords but can't find a windows version of
that.  I would like to do this all on that one box if possible?  Does
the kerberos server need to be on linux and I also tried doing the map
user but that doesnt' seem to have done anything?  I did it in the
windows ad and then tried it in the kerberos using ksetup.exe.  My
only test to see if this works yet has been to try and login into that
machine specifying the realm mtxkerb as opposed to the domain.

Any ideas or a point at the right place would be much appreciated.  I
have the whole guide to the wiindows interopability thing but that
shows kadmin however I can't find that for windows?
Am I just missing the core kerberos server stuff or something?