kinit segfaulting

Jason Nugent jnugent at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 8 10:01:53 EST 2004

Hi, Sam,

First, kinit is the only binary of that name on the system.  This machine
was "kerberos free" before I started working on it.  The binary is indeed
in /usr/local/bin.

I ran kinit (from my build directory) under gdb, with the following result:

0x4000bbb1 in _dl_relocate_object () at ../sysdeps/i386/dl-machine.h:348
348     ../sysdeps/i386/dl-machine.h: No such file or directory.
         in ../sysdeps/i386/dl-machine.h

dl-machine.h is a header that comes with glibc.  I can compile and run
other software packages from source on the machine without problem, and
none of my other development servers have this include file on the system.

Regards,

Jason

At 08:45 AM 12/8/2004 -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
>1) Make sure you are using the right kinit.  Run type kinit if bash is
>your shell and check the path.
>
>2) Run kinit under a debugger and see where it segfaults.  If you use
>    a kinit out of the build tree rather than something you get after
>    make install, it will have symbols.

Jason Nugent, BSc
jnugent at ns.sympatico.ca
http://malhavoc.homeunix.com