Generic unknown RC/IO error while verifying initial ticket

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 1 17:20:22 EST 2004

    Ezra> Hmm - without much code changes from the external API....

    Ezra> a) There could be a new function
    Ezra> krb5_get_extended_error_text - or something like that - to
    Ezra> retreive the extended message...

    Ezra> b) There would be an equivalent function to create an
    Ezra> extended error message. (thread specific context?)

I was thinking of sticking this in the krb5 context as Heimdal does.

    Ezra> c) When the error table is initialized - install a
    Ezra> com_err_proc that will query the extended error and format
    Ezra> it nicely. If an extended error is not present - don't
    Ezra> display.

That seems problematic.

There are some issues to be worked out to make sure we don't prevent
people from localizing our errors, but the basic approach seems
doable.

--Sam