Question: want different default_realm for service and user

Kiran Kumar M mkiran at india.hp.com
Thu Aug 12 03:38:20 EDT 2004

I don't know if I missed something here but I don't see any issue
with the approach of setting "default_realm = FOO.ORG"
In this case your Kerberos Config file will look like this...

[libdefaults]
default_realm = FOO.ORG  # This will ensure that we'll go to FOO.ORG to get
tickets for users

[realms]
        FOO.ORG = {
           kdc =  svr.foo.org:88
           admin_server = svr.foo.org
}
        BAR.FOO.ORG = {
           kdc =  svr.bar.foo.org:88
           admin_server = svr.bar.foo.org
}
[domain_realm]
.your.domain.org = BAR.FOO.ORG
# This will ensure that principals of type service/xyz.your.domain.org will
be resolved to belong to BAR.FOO.ORG
[capaths]
    BAR.FOO.ORG = {
            FOO.ORG = .