Disable Mac OS X Kerberos Auto Prompting

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 12 11:31:32 EDT 2004

In 10.3 (Panther), you can set the environment variable
KERBEROSLOGIN_NEVER_PROMPT (it doesn't matter what it is set to) in
your application before making any Kerberos calls.  If you can't
rebuild the application, you can set it in a wrapper script which calls
your application.

There is no way to turn off automatic prompting in 10.2 or earlier.

On Apr 11, 2004, at 7:05 PM, Nebergall, Christopher wrote:

> Is there a way to programmatically or in a configuration file to
> disable Mac
> OS X auto-prompting for the user's kerberos password?
>
> I'm interested in only disabling auto-prompting in one particular
> application.
>
> Thanks,
> Christopher Nebergall

--lxs