Can't change kerberos password on Active Directory with kpasswd

Tyson Oswald oswaldt at ameritech.net
Fri Apr 2 09:47:22 EST 2004

Hello,

I have setup kerberos (to Aactive Directory) authentication on Solaris 8 with SEAM 1.0.  I can authenticate withut any problems, but if I try and use kpasswd to change my kerberos password I get the following error 'kpasswd: unable to get host based service name for realm myRealm.net'.  My /etc/krb5/krb5.conf file looks like

[libdefaults]
        default_realm = MYREALM.NET
        default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-md5
        default_tgs_enctype = des-cbc-md5

[realms]
        MYREALM.NET = {
                kdc = 192.168.0.252:88
        }

I have looked on google and didn't see any references to this error.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

Tyson Oswald