Can MIT Krb5 Replay Cache be multithreaded?

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Tue Nov 25 17:45:49 EST 2003

I am writing a server that does GSS authentication for an NFS server. For
performance reasons, I wish to run multiple servers, all of which are
using the same Acceptor Credentials.

I found that the Replay Cache file would get trashed if several of these
servers tried to get server credentials at the same time. I fixed that by
getting the server credentials before forking off the N service daemons.

It seems to work ok now, but I was wondering if anyone knows if there are
other Gotchas in the MIT KerberosV libraries when doing this?

Thanks in advance for any help, rick