Kprop Eating Disk Space?

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Fri Mar 28 03:10:42 EST 2003

Quoting Monica Lau <mllau2002 at yahoo.com>:

> I have a master kdc and a slave kdc.  In the master kdc, I run a
> script that executes kprop to propagate the database to the slave
> every 2 seconds (for testing purposes).  On the slave kdc, I run the
> "df" command periodically.  I noticed that the disk space percentage
> usage climbs up slowly.  Eventually, it goes up to 100%, and my
> slave machine crashes.  I don't understand how/why kprop could cause
> the disk space in the slave machine to go up because the master
> database is always the same size.  If I stop the propagation, the
> disk space in the slave doesn't go down, until I reboot the machine.

It's not the root partition per see, it's the /tmp directory/partition
that fills up:

rmgztk:~# ll /tmp/kprp.*
-rw-------    1 root     root            0 Mar 28 08:30 /tmp/kprp.RKcFeZ
-rw-------    1 root     root            0 Mar 28 09:00 /tmp/kprp.jDHeVw
-rw-------    1 root     root            0 Mar 28 08:00 /tmp/kprp.unf9Ql

I deleted a couple of hundred files just resently...

Put a cron job to delete all kprop.* files periodically (once a week ?).