DCE and kadmin

Kenneth Stephen y2kmvs at ebiz.austin.ibm.com
Fri Jan 10 04:54:58 EST 2003

Hi,

	I am attempting to get MIT Kerberos kerberized servers to work in
a Kerberos realm defined by (IBM) DCE security servers. DCE doesnt use
kadmind and so using kadmin to add keytab files and other things are not
possible. So I need to manually execute the various steps that kadmin
performs under the covers. As far as I know, these steps are :

1.  Create a host principal for the kerberized server machine in the KDC
(DCE) registry
2.  Create a keytab for the host principal on the KDC server
3.  Copy over same keytab to the machine where the kerberized server will
run.

	Is there anything else that I'm missing out that needs to be done?

Thanks,
Kenneth