Win logon to a MIT Kerberos V KDC?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Sep 27 18:00:15 EDT 2002

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:47:47 +0000, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

>     Turbo> Tried again, this time with all the principals having
>     Turbo> +require_preauth.  Still work. Now I'm happy!
>
> This was even a requirenment! My girlfriend tried to login, didn't
> work. What differed was that I had REQUIRES_PRE_AUTH, but she
> didn't. Adding it to her principal allowed her to login. Wee (again :)

I'm coming in late to this discussion.  I'm getting the same
'Preauthentication required' error but can't see from the thread what you
did differently.  What was the magic incantation?  I had just assumed the
Win2k client didn't support preauthentication (although I'm not happy
about switching it off because it lowers security).

I've recreated the host & user principals with des-cbc-crc as default but
still get the error.

Tony