Problems using Kerberos telnet

Marcio d'Avila Scheibler marcio at cpd.ufsm.br
Thu Mar 21 09:05:01 EST 2002

> No it wasn't so I did a kinit -f and then tryed the following:
>
> $./telnet -a localhost
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1).
> Escape character is '^]'.
> telnetd: Authorization failed.
> Connection closed by foreign host.

Try "telnet -a -x -f hostname".
By using "kinit -f" you just gets a forwardable ticket.

With telnet "-f" option you say telnet client to really forward
your credentials to telnet server.

p.s. I'm not sure but I think I had problems with
"telnet -options localhost". Maybe - besides
procedures above - you should use canonical hostname
(somehost.somedomain) instead localhost.

Marcio d'Avila Scheibler - Divisao de Suporte (marcio at cpd.ufsm.br)
Centro de Processamento de Dados - Campus Universitario - CEP 97105-900
Universidade Federal de Santa Maria - RS - Brasil