Kerberos Deployment Experiences

imc_dl@t-online.de imc_dl at t-online.de
Mon Jun 10 10:19:16 EDT 2002

We want to deploy MIT-kerberos in a very, very large
international banking environment (Windows, AIX, LINUX, SOLARIS).

It should replace NIS, allow ssh, and we still think
how to administrate all the "roots", oracles, sybase-users.

Any experiences to deploy it?

Are there any special issues, that could bring outages / downtimes?
What about the dependencies to Windows (there will be the KDC)?

Are there any experiences concerning the network traffic overhead?

I myself (as a UNIX-Lover), I am very much afraid to give control
to the Windows systems?

Thanks a lot for any answer!

* Dieter *=