Cross-Realm. krb5.conf?

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 22 16:39:58 EDT 2002

danshtr at yahoo.com (Dan) writes:
> 1. Do I need to add THERE.COM to krb5.conf? If so, where?

If you have DNS SRV records for THERE.COM, and support turned on in
the client, then you shouldn't need the "kdc" entries for THERE.COM.
If you want to use kadmin on the THERE.COM database, the client
machine will still need to have the "admin_server" info.

> 2. At first try, I didn't add THERE.COM to krb5.conf, but it didn't
> work. Then I tried to add it, but when I telnet to server at THERE.COM I
> got "[Kerberos V5 accepts you as user at HERE.COM]" and then I was asked
> for password. Why telnet on server at THERE.COM asks for password?

Is user at HERE.COM in ~user/.k5login on server.THERE.COM?