w2k kerberos logon

Graham Turner gturner at ipcomputers.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 15 14:43:03 EST 2002

Luke, thanks for these most helpful response - while i don't fully
understand this process of canonicalization (the MS whitepaper or RFC 1510
don't seem to have further information), I am able to see that there is a
mechanism by this downlevel name gets mapped to its DNS equivalent,

Without this i was failing to see how the Kerberos auth process could
succeed by DNS and would therefore have to fallback the relative nastiness
of WINS / NTLM.

If you have any references on the Kerberos I would be a glad recipient.

GT

news:200212142300.KAA61250 at au.padl.com...