Compiling 1.2.5 on True64 v5.x

Peter Losher plosher at wwiv.com
Tue Aug 13 03:48:00 EDT 2002

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Ken Raeburn wrote:

> Tim Mooney <mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.nodak.edu> writes:
>
> > I've seen two cases where this happens:
> >
> > 1) You have bind 8.x (or perhaps 9.x) installed somewhere, and the
> > sys/bitypes.h file from bind is getting picked up before the
> > /usr/include/sys/bitypes.h file, which has the necessary definitions for
> > uint8_t, etc.
> >
> > 2) You have a completely unpatched 5.0 box, and there's some bug in the
> > in6.h that was fixed in a patch.
> >
> > I'm pretty hazy on the details for #2, but #1 took me a long time to
> > figure out when I ran into the problem a while back.
> >
> > Basically, if you install bind 8.x or 9.x, do *not* install its version
> > of sys/bitypes.h with the rest of bind's include files.
>
> Interesting.  Thanks for the info.
> Peter, was one of these the cause of your problem?

It was #1 which bit me (BIND 8 in this case).  Thanks to all those that
responded and sorry for my horrendously late reply...

I do have another q' - but I am not sure if it is a issue with SSH2
(ssh.com) or Krb5.  I am trying to upgrade to ssh2-3.2.0 w/ Krb5 support
once again under Tru64, and for some reason krb5 ticket passing doesn't
work - entering the Krb5 password at the prompt works, but sshd2's debug
says when trying to authenticate with the krb5 ticket:

-=-
debug[266533]: Ssh2AuthKerberosServer/auths-kerberos.c:144: krb5_rd_req
-1765328346: Incorrect net address
-=-

Which has me scratching my head - I tried compiling Krb5 w/o -lbind (like
my *BSD boxes, which oddly enough don't have this problem w/ ssh2-3.2.0,
and I can pass tickets just fine)  But the recompile was no help.  Could
anyone describe what this krb5_rd_req error may mean, so I can figure out
if it is a ssh.com issue or a Krb5 issue.

Thanks! - Peter
--
plosher at wwiv.com - [ http://www.plosh.net/ ]