single sign on

John Green green at blueheronbio.com
Fri Aug 9 12:17:26 EDT 2002

I'm not sure about the VC++ part, but if you want to set up Win2K clients to
log onto a Kerberos realm, follow these instructions for setting up a KDC:

http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/krb5-1.2/krb5-1.2.2/doc/install_toc.html

To get the Win2K clients to participate in the realm, do this:

In the Kerberos realm, create a host principal for the computer. Use the
command:
Kadmin -q “ank -pw password host/machine-name.example.com”

Since a Kerberos realm is not a Windows 2000 domain, the computer must be
configured as a member of a workgroup. This is automatic when you set the
Kerberos realm and add a KDC server as follows:

C:> Ksetup /setdomain EXAMPLE.COM
C:> Ksetup /addkdc EXAMPLE.COM kdc.example.com

Set the local machine account password, as follows:

C:> Ksetup /setmachpassword password

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. (This is a required
step.) Whenever changes are made to the external KDC and realm
configuration, a restart is required.

After the reboot you will then be prompted to log onto the local machine or
a Kerberos realm.

Use Ksetup with no arguments to see the current settings. (Note that the KDC
server[s] is not shown.)

Pretty simple.