Windows browse list w/ Kerberos

John Green green at blueheronbio.com
Thu Aug 8 15:34:06 EDT 2002

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but I need some help with a problem
I ran into.  I am running Win2K workstations, and a Samba v2.2.1 server on
RH7.2 that serves as the master browser.  I brought up a Kerberos v1.22-13
(RH7.2 rpm) server, and the network browse list disappeared.  When I added
principals for the machines on the network, luckily a small test network,
the browse list came back.  Is it necessary to add principals for every
machine, or is there a shortcut I'm missing?  Thanks in advance for any
help.