Telnet client

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Apr 9 00:35:30 EDT 2002

>I am trying to develop a telnet client application,

You should probably look at other Kerberos telnet clients as examples ...

>IAC SB AUTHENTICATION IS <authentication-type-pair> AUTH <Kerberos V5
>   KRB_AP_REQ message> IAC SE
>
>But I can't implement this RFC 2942 procedure in hexa type just like above,
>because I'm still not understand how to get these:
>
>1. "KRB_AP_REQ message" ?

That's the output of the krb5_mk_req() function (for more detail, you should
read RFC1510; it explains that it more detail).

>2. what "<authentication-type-pair>" should I send ?

I think that's the bitmask of the authentication types the server support
and the client support (I seem to remember that those get sent by the server
and the client picks one).

>3. should I change the NAME "pete" with my login account "test" or "root" ?

That's up to you; that's the Unix account that the server will try to
login as.  A good telnet client lets you change that somehow.

--Ken