[IS&T Security-FYI] SFYI Newsletter, January 30, 2009 - CORRECTION

Monique Yeaton myeaton at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 30 14:24:21 EST 2009

A small correction:

In the article about the New Security Standards Adopted by
Massachusetts below, the extensions on the dates for compliance are
not quite accurate. The complete language of the new deadlines is here:

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=ocapressrelease&L=1&L0=Home&sid=Eoca&b=pressrelease&f=081114_IDTheftupdate&csid=Eoca

The article below notes:
"The January 1, 2009 deadline was extended to May 1, 2009 for
contractual compliance and general provisions of the regulation, and
January 1, 2010 for encryption and certification."

The deadlines listed for contractual compliance, general provisions
and certification are accurate. The certification refers to third-
party providers. However, the encryption deadlines are May 1, 2009 for
laptops and January 1, 2010 for other portable devices.

Thanks,

Monique