[I-mobile-u] page load times

David Ormsbee david.ormsbee at modolabs.com
Sun Feb 27 14:31:25 EST 2011

For what it's worth, Harvard's home screen runs at 141K, compared to UCF's
222K. A little of that difference is the CSS (both are using minify, but it
looks like there might be some problem where gzip isn't working correctly on
your server?), but the majority of the difference is jQuery. This is pure
speculation, but maybe you should see if you can drop the use of SSL on that
jQuery include? It might be preventing some browsers from caching the JS
correctly.

I don't have access to some of the more detailed stats for Harvard right
now, but I'll try to look into them when I get back into this office this
week. Are there any particularly problematic pages?

Take care.

Dave