[gwaMIT] gwaMIT's Active Allyship Event (Tuesday, 11/10)

gwaMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Thu Nov 5 16:37:24 EST 2020

gwaMIT Active Allyship Event

When: November 10th, 2020 7- 8 PM via Zoom

There is no feminism without racial justice, and Graduate Womxn At MIT (gwaMIT) is committed to supporting all womxn at MIT, including indigenous, Latinx, and Black graduate womxn at MIT and the Black Lives Matter movement. We must make changes and educate ourselves in order to dismantle systemic racism and support our community members.

To this end, we invite you to attend our discussion on active allyship in light of the election, the pandemic, and BLM movement, with a presentation by Leah Gallant from MIT's Alumni Association and Resource Development's Human Resources and Strategic Management team and Danny Becker of MIT's PKG center. This event will be held over virtually during dinner time (reimbursement for a meal by gwaMIT up to $10) and will include some light reading materials prior to the event to enable a fruitful and productive discussion.

To promote discussion, this event will be small with a limit of 30 attendees (we will also have a waitlist). Please sign up Here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc9calWXBkzNbjWBZmgI6c1MCctNRAP0KEIb7mWrFJNqUvn3w/viewform?usp=sf_link> by November 9th, 2020. We hope to see many of you attend for a fruitful and interactive session! Email gwamit-exec at mit.edu<mailto:gwamit-exec at mit.edu> if you have any questions.

[cid:image001.png at 01D6B391.F14B44C0]