[GWAMIT] GW@MIT Special Announcement: Request for Stats or Anecdotes on COVID-19 Impacts on Grad Students

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Mon May 4 15:03:21 EDT 2020

Dear GWAMIT members,

We know that many of you have been heavily impacted by COVID-19. Here is a chance to share your story with lawmakers.

We have received the a call for statistics or anecdotes that would compel a Member of Congress to get behind additional support for grad students. Examples include but are not limited to:

- challenges for graduate students with children
- funding and support for graduate students

These could be examples that affect grad students now and for the next 3-4 months or they could be issues that will have longer term impacts (a year out). We've written about challenges for delaying careers of graduate students and will continue to emphasize that.

Please share your stories at the following Google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZYxHJvucwuUzUAxw06rIR_h_6m-zNX9QW2iNXBmJ1Wk/edit
We ask that you please respond ASAP, as we will be submitting the responses within the next two days.

Take care,
GWAMIT Exec Board