[GWAMIT] GW@MIT Newsletter, February 25th, 2020

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Tue Feb 25 14:32:59 EST 2020

[cid:image001.png at 01D5EBE8.76D10ED0]
[cid:image002.png at 01D5EBE8.76D10ED0]<http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/gwamit>[cid:image003.png at 01D5EBE8.76D10ED0]<mailto:gwamit-exec at mit.edu>[cid:image004.png at 01D5EBE8.76D10ED0]<http://www.facebook.com/gwamit>[cid:image005.png at 01D5EBE8.76D10ED0]<http://twitter.com/gwamitweb>[cid:image006.png at 01D5EBE8.76D10ED0]<https://www.instagram.com/gwamitweb/>

Events overview:
GW at MIT Events:

1.      Women’s Leadership and Entrepreneurship – Lunch Discussion with Anu Chadha (Mar. 2nd)

2.     GW at MIT & Exponent Lunch (Mar. 6th)

3.     NE GWiSE Advocating for Ourselves and Others: How to Build Inclusive Communities (March 7th)

4.     Become a GW at MIT Department Rep!

5.     GW at MIT General Board Meeting (Mar. 17th)
Women-related events and opportunities:

6.     Nominate a Change-Maker!

7.     Nominate friends and colleagues for the MIT Awards!

8.     Apply to Become a GSC-DEI Fellow!

9.     How to Advocate for Yourself (Feb. 26th)

10.  Women in Green Community Lunch (Feb. 27th)

11.   Cheney Room: Body Image Workshop & Lunch (Feb. 28th)

12.  Brave Women of Color in Academics (Mar. 2nd)

13.  LGBT Grad Social Hours (Mar. 2nd, Apr, 6th, May 4th)

14.  Mindfulness for Engineers and Angst-Ridden Type-A Kindred Spirits (Mar. 2nd – Apr. 6th)

15.  Giving & Receiving Feedback (Mar. 3rd)

16.  Graduate Women Reading Group (next one is Mar. 3rd)

17.  Women Take the Reel film: “Fear No Gumbo” (Mar. 5th)

18.  BCG Company Info Session for Advanced Degree Students (Mar. 5th)

19.  International Women’s Day (Mar. 6th)

20. BCG Harvard/MIT Women’s Breakfast (Mar. 6th)

21.  WiDS (Women in Data Science) Conference (Mar. 6th)

22. Free Yoga Class at Cheney Room (Mar. 6th)

23. Warrior Women Film Screening (Mar. 12th)

Did you know…?
To highlight a significant disparity in the number of statues of female vs. male prominent figures in major cities of the US, Lyde Hill Philanthropies• IF/THEN• created a 3D-printed statue exhibit, #IfThenSheCan, of female STEM ambassadors. This is part of an initiative to inspire young girls and women to pursue the STEM field. MIT’s own Ritu Raman, a postdoctoral fellow in the Langer Lab and founder of the Women in STEM Database at MIT<http://wisdm.mit.edu/>, was chosen as one of these ambassadors and there is currently a life-size 3D-printed statue of her, along with 119 other ambassadors, in Dallas, TX. Congratulations, Ritu, on the well-deserved recognition! Check out a news article and video here<https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200211005262/en>, and the list of amazing female ambassadors here<https://www.ifthenshecan.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/AAAS-IF-THEN-Ambassador-List_final_9.9.pdf>.

[cid:image007.png at 01D5EBE8.76D10ED0]

1.              Women’s Leadership and Entrepreneurship – Lunch Discussion w/Anu Chadha

When: Monday, March 2nd, 12-1pm

Where: 26-210

RSVP:​ https://bit.ly/3c2VGu4

Free lunch will be served!
Join GW at MIT next week for an interactive discussion with Anu Chadha, founder of 3A Clothing Company, about mental resilience and fortitude and how to discover your competitive streak as a woman entrepreneur. We'll have some questions to get the conversation started but then we'll open it to the audience for Q&A.
Her brief bio is below. Check out the RSVP form for more details!
Personal Story
Anu started 3A Clothing Company as a single parent to empower her two daughters. Today, when both her daughters have successful careers and are independent, Anu runs the business, which trains and empowers the women who work in her factory, 85% of the workforce. These women are breadwinners in their homes, and are able to provide a stable environment for their families as well as are able to educate their children.
In turn, the women working in the factory, empower the women of Europe and the U.S., to look beautiful in the fashion goods they manufacture. So the whole journey, starts with women and ends with women.
Accomplishments
Anu brings 25 years of in-depth experience in the design, marketing, and manufacturing of apparel and fashion accessories. Under Anu’s leadership, the 3A Clothing Company (3aclothing.com) successfully competes in the international fashion export industry exporting to retail chains & private brands in the US and Europe. The company’s manufacturing facilities are located near New Delhi, India. Through her entrepreneurial vision, Anu has made a global impact on the business of fashion and lifestyle. She has won prestigious business awards and spoken at leading business events both in India and internationally.

2.             GW at MIT & Exponent Lunch
When: Friday, March 6th, 12-1PM
Where: 56-154
RSVP: here<https://exponentrecruit.azurewebsites.net/Register/4097>

Join us for a discussion and networking session with MIT Alumni, Dr. Lindsey Gilman. Dr. Gilman will talk about her transition from graduate school, career progression, and the day-to-day work of a technical consultant.  She will also offer advice to graduate students interested in careers in industry. Lunch will be provided.
[cid:image008.jpg at 01D5EBE8.76D10ED0]

3.             NE GWiSE Advocating for Ourselves and Others: How to Build Inclusive Communities

When: Saturday, March 7th, 10AM-5PM

Where: Northeastern University, Egan Research Center, 120 Forsyth Street, Boston

Who: All students of all genders are welcome!

RSVP: here<springtoaction2020.eventbrite.com>

If you're part of a "diversity, equity, and inclusion"-related group and you'd like to have a poster and/or table during our poster session, email Molly for signup information at mbird at mit.edu<mailto:mbird at mit.edu>. We'd love to have you there!

Join us for an exciting line-up of speakers, workshops, an expert panel, and networking sessions with advocacy groups in the New England area. Learn how to best advocate for more diverse and inclusive campuses! Light breakfast and lunch will be served.

Speakers: Check out the RSVP link above for more information on our speakers!

Keynote: Prasha Sarwate Dutra, B.S. ChemE, Masters MechE, founder of Her STEM Story - a weekly podcast where she interviews women in STEM from around the world. https://herstemstory.com/

Workshop leaders:

Tariana Little, Doctor of Public Health candidate at Harvard School of Public Health, Co-founder of EmVision Productions.

Dr. Ellise LaMotte, B.S. Electrical Engineering, Master of Business Administration, Ph.D. Education, current Director of the Center for STEM Diversity at Tufts University.

Deja Knight, ​B.A. Neuroscience and Behavior and African American Studies, MA Psychological and Brain Sciences, current Master of Public Health Candidate at Harvard School of Public Health; Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Fellow, Co-founder of Our Collective Brains Organization.

Panelists:

Dr. Jessica Tsai, MD, Ph.D, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/Stem Cell Transplant Fellow and postdoctoral fellow at Dana-Farber, Co-Director of the STEM Advocacy Institute. https://www.stemadvocacy.org/
Karen Chacon, ​Master of Business Administration, M.S. Organizational Management and Leadership, Executive Director at the Latino STEM Alliance and Co-chair of the Greater Boston Latino Network.

[cid:image009.jpg at 01D5EBE8.76D10ED0]

4.             Become a GW at MIT Department Rep!

Interested in building connections across MIT and helping with the personal and professional development of graduate women at MIT? Want to be involved with GWAMIT but don't have the time to be a full board member? The Department Rep position might be perfect for you!

Fill out this quick interest form now! https://forms.gle/2dQtTWvRaPpHnMBH9 The full description of the role is in the form.

We are especially in need of reps from Biology, Econ, HASTS, Humanities, Writing, Nuclear Science and Engineering, CMS, CSB, CCWE, and MAS!

Purposes of the role:

1) Keep your department updated about GW at MIT events and initiatives, and

2) Keep GWAMIT in touch with departmental needs and activities

Benefits of the role:

1) Opportunity to connect with women across campus

2) Be well-informed about GW at MIT events and initiatives and departments’ initiatives

3) Get funding for women-focused events in your department or between departments
​            - At least $50/department involved in the event!
            - We can also help you book classrooms and event spaces on campus
Email the current GWAMIT Membership Chair, Molly, at mbird at mit.edu<mailto:mbird at mit.edu> if you have any questions!

5.             GW at MIT General Board Meeting (GBM)
When: Tuesday, March 17th, 6-8PM
Where: 4-149
RSVP: https://forms.gle/hf3T5sbbRNQom2L7A​
Join GWAMIT for our General Board Meeting! You'll get to hear more about GWAMIT, hear from Professor Darmofal about a recent survey's results regarding gender differences in career exploration satisfaction at MIT, meet women across departments including our GWAMIT department reps, and get free dinner! RSVP at the link above. Anyone interested in learning more about GWAMIT is welcome!

[cid:image010.png at 01D5EBE8.76D10ED0]

6.             Nominate a Change-Maker!
Violence Prevention and Response<https://studentlife.mit.edu/vpr> along with the Institute Discrimination and Harassment Response Office<http://idhr.mit.edu/> (formerly known as T9BR) are hosting the 4th annual Change-Maker Awards Banquet this April. We are looking for nominations of undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, staff (including postdocs!), student groups, departments, labs, or centers where individuals or groups are working to end sexual violence and harassment at MIT.
Nominate someone by March 22, 2020 at tinyurl.com/MITchangemaker<http://tinyurl.com/MITchangemaker> and direct any questions to bkaushal at mit.edu<mailto:bkaushal at mit.edu>.
[Change Maker Poster 2020-2]

7.             Nominate friends and colleagues for the MIT awards

The MIT awards celebrate MIT community members for their contributions to academics, teaching, the arts, athletics, leadership, entrepreneurship, community building, and public service. The recipients will be honored at the annual MIT Awards Convocation on May 8, 2020 from 4 to 6 pm in the Samberg Center (E52). You can submit a nomination here<http://awards.mit.edu/awards>.

Many of the awards highlight students and/or student organizations for efforts directed towards making MIT a more welcoming place, diversity & inclusion, and advocacy.

8.             Apply to Become a GSC-DEI Fellow!

We invite you to apply to the new GSC-DEI Graduate Fellows Program! The goal of this Program is to provide a unique space for graduate students at MIT to engage in challenging and meaningful conversations about race, racism, and social justice.

In March 2020, the Fellows will learn how to effectively facilitate productive conversations during a two-day workshop hosted by professionals from the Interaction Institute for Social Change<https://interactioninstitute.org/>, all expenses paid. The Fellows will then lead three institute-wide, in-person, peer-to-peer gradCommunity Dialogues to more deeply explore themes introduced in the MIT’s DEI online module<https://oge.mit.edu/graddiversity/dei-online-module/>. Over the course of an initial 1-year commitment, Fellows will introduce a new cohort of graduate student facilitators to multiply and expand the program’s reach across the MIT graduate community.
We are currently seeking 24 graduate students interested in creating a more equitable, inclusive, and engaging MIT community. Apply here<https://forms.gle/EwwzhEkGuRsfdVjZA> through Feb 7. Please contact gsc-diversity at mit.edu<mailto:gsc-diversity at mit.edu> with any questions.

[cid:image012.jpg at 01D5EBE8.76D10ED0]

9.             How to Advocate for Yourself
When: February 26th, 6-8:30PM
Where: CIC, 245 Main Street, 3rd Floor, Mosaic Room, Cambridge, MA
Cost: WEST/CIC Members: $15, Non-Members: $40
Sign-up: here<https://www.westorg.org/2020-02-26-Negotiate-Advocate-Workshop>

We negotiate every day. At work we negotiate not just our jobs and salaries, but research priorities, budgets, staffing, deliverables and time tables. At home some of us negotiate child care pick up and drop off, who is making dinner and who stays home when the kids are sick. While men and women are equally skilled negotiators, women face some additional challenges. Not only were many of us not raised to advocate for our own interests, but we sometimes pay a social cost when we assert our needs and interests. We’ll dive into what we negotiate, our beliefs around advocating for ourselves, how to mitigate others’ negative perceptions when we assert our interests and two tools for increasing our effectiveness. You will leave with a better understanding of what is getting in your way and what to do about it.
About the Speaker - Amy Rebecca Gay, PhD, CPCC
Amy is a senior consultant and coach with Five Rhythms Consulting who brings over twenty-five years of experience as a mediator, trainer and facilitator for organizations of all sizes including Fortune 250 companies. She is the former assistant director of the Graduate Programs in Conflict Resolution at UMass Boston, she was the trainer and product manager at Vantage Partners and currently collaborates with UMass’s Center for Collaborative Leadership, The Mediation Group and Mobius Executive Leadership. She has taught at LeMoyne College, Syracuse University, UMass Boston and Babson College. Over her career, Amy has discovered that we communicate most effectively when we’ve mastered our own energy, emotions and identity. She brings an active awareness of the mind/body connection, a warm and welcoming facilitation style and a deep dedication to using one’s mind for powerful transformation. She has a PhD from Syracuse’s Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and is a Coaches Training Institute certified coach.

A light dinner will be provided by Servier BioInnovation<https://www.servier.us/#bioinnovation>.

Given our mission is to promote women's development in STEM we would like to offer a one-time free spot in our workshops to those in transition between jobs. Please contact info at westorg.org if you qualify.

10.         Women in Green Community Lunch

When: Feb. 27th, 12-1:30PM

Where: China Pearl, 9 Tyler St., Boston, MA 02111

RSVP: here<https://usgbcma.org/event/women-in-green-community-lunch-2/> ($25/ticket)

Instead of packing lunch for work, why not join the USGBC MA for our Women in Green: Community Lunch! On Thursday, February 27th, come meet other women in the Massachusetts, sustainable design community and enjoy a variety of dim sum dishes at China Pearl. There are only 40 seats available, so make sure to register early.

11.          Cheney Room Body Image Workshop and Lunch

When: Friday, Feb. 28th, 12-1PM

Where: Cheney Room (3-310)
Join us for a body image workshop with Susanna Barry, Senior Program Manager in Community Wellness at MIT Medical. She is a national board certified health coach and has master's degrees in education and psychology. More details on this workshop to come. Lunch will be served!

12.         Brave Women of Color in Academics

When: March 2nd, 4PM

Where: 4-270
The new co-edited anthology, Counternarratives from Women of Color Academics: Bravery, Vulnerability, and Resistance<https://www.routledge.com/Counternarratives-from-Women-of-Color-Academics-Bravery-Vulnerability/Whitaker-Grollman/p/book/9781138610903> contains essays and creative works by 28 women of color academics who redefine what it means to be successful in academia, who stand up against injustice in academia despite the risks, and who leverage their positions in university to advance diversity and inclusion in higher education.
Academic bravery challenges the status quo, crosses boundaries and breaks new ground. In essence, being a brave academic entails refusing to prioritize self-serving interests at the expense of knowledge production and social justice. Rather than avoiding risky endeavors to protect one’s position and status, a brave academic uses her position, status and expertise to effectively advance knowledge and equity, despite the risks.
The anthology, and this panel, seeks to counter the discourse that women of color are solely tokens and victims of marginalization in academe. Women of color academics have leveraged their professional positions to challenge the status quo in their scholarship, teaching, service, activism, and leadership. By presenting reflexive work from various vantage points within and outside of the academy, contributors document the cultivation of mentoring relationships, the use of administrative roles to challenge institutional leadership, and more.
This event is free and open to the public. Please see our website<https://www.gcws.mit.edu/gcws-events-list/brave-women-of-color-academics> for more information.
Panelists:
Alessandra Bazo Vienrich , Visiting Assistant Professor of Sociology, Davidson College
Eric Grollman, Associate Professor of Sociology, University of Richmond
Manya Whitaker is an Associate Professor and Chair of Education at Colorado College.
Robbin Chapman , Associate Dean for Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging, Harvard Kennedy School
Moderator :
Saida Grundy, Assistant Professor of Sociology and African American Studies, Boston University
Cosponsored by: Boston College Lynch School of Education and Human Development; MIT Women's and Gender Studies; Tufts Department of Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies; Boston University Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Program; UMass Boston Africana Studies Department; UMass Boston Department of Anthropology; UMass Boston Department of Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies

[cid:image013.jpg at 01D5EBE8.76D10ED0]

13.         LGBT Grad Social Hour
When: Monday, Mar. 2nd, 6-7PM
              Monday, Apr. 6th, 6-7PM
              Monday, May 4th, 6-7PM
Where: Rainbow Lounge (50-250)

These social hours are pretty much exactly what they sound like- unstructured, casual opportunities to meet other LGBT graduate students at MIT and just hang out for a bit.

We hope you'll take the opportunity to socialize, make friends, and find community!

These events are partially sponsored by the GSC Funding Board

[LGBT Grad Social Hour]

14.         Mindfulness for Engineers and Angst-Ridden Type-A Kindred Spirits

When: Mondays, 7-8:30PM from March 2nd-April 6th

Where: BitSight Technologies Offices (111 Huntington Ave, Boston MA, 20th floor)

Sign-up: here<https://mindfulnessforengineers.dev> (deposit required to hold spot, returned upon meeting attendance requirement)
Six-week free* in-person mindfulness course in downtown Boston in March-April. Offered by a Computer Science Ph.D. who works full-time as a Data Scientist in the Boston tech industry, this course is based on mindfulness practices the teacher has used over the past decade to get her perfectionism, workaholism, and all the other -isms down to healthy levels. The course takes a pragmatic, applied, non-touchy-feely approach to mindfulness and focuses extensively on academic and career stresses and work/life balance clarity.

15.         Giving & Receiving Feedback
When: March 3rd, 6-8:30PM
Where: Ginkgo Bioworks, 27 Drydock Avenue, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02210
Buy tickets: here<https://www.westorg.org/2020-03-03-giving-receiving-feedback>

Almost everyone struggles with giving and receiving feedback. Yet everyone struggles for different reasons:

·        For some people, resistance to receiving feedback is tied to a fear of being judged, making mistakes, or failing.

·        For others, offering feedback is associated with criticism.

·        There are also cultural differences that impact how comfortable you are in giving or receiving feedback.

·        Maybe for you, it’s simply that you haven’t learned the skills to make the process less stressful.

All of this means that learning how to give meaningful feedback, is not one-size-fits-all.

We’ll explore ways you can become more comfortable giving and asking for feedback. You’ll learn several simple, yet powerful, techniques to take the sting and awkwardness out of the feedback conversation. You’ll discover how to ask for and receive feedback in a way that feels natural to you.

For managers, you’ll learn questions you can ask your team, to help YOU become a better manager. For all participants, you’ll learn ways to offer feedback to your peers, and even your boss!

Participants will learn 4 basic steps to giving meaningful feedback in a way that feels safe for both the giver and receiver. You'll be able to apply these steps immediately, in your personal life, and in your career.

Cost: $15 for members; $40 for non-members

[https://www.westorg.org/assets/site/west%202016.jpg]

16.         Graduate Women Reading Group
Join a monthly reading group for graduate women at MIT!
Do you like to read books? Would you like to read more and discuss the books you read with others? Then the Graduate Women’s Reading Group is for you! We are taking new members this semester and would love to have you join in!
The Graduate Women's Reading Group consists of around 15 members who meet monthly to discuss a book. The books are provided by Dean Staton, but the titles are chosen by the members democratically once every six months.  All members are allowed to nominate and vote on books we read. Some of the books we read last semester included: Bad Blood, Educated, Maybe you should Talk to Someone, Homo Deus, and Wild Game.
We meet Tuesdays at 5pm in room 3-310, which is the Margaret Cheney Room.  Meetings are mostly the first Tuesday of each month, but not always.
The upcoming meetings are:
Feb 4 - Talking to Strangers
March 3 - Uncanny Valley
If you are interested, please email Maha Haji at mhaji at mit.edu<mailto:mhaji at mit.edu> with the following:
(1) What month you would like to start. We may have an extra copy of Talking to Strangers for you, but you’re still welcome to come to the February meeting to see what it’s like.   Otherwise, you can start at our next meeting in March.
(2) If you can come to the March meeting, let us know if you need a copy of Uncanny Valley.  (You should only be getting a book if you plan to attend the meeting for that month.)
(3)  If you have a Kindle-compatible e-reader and would prefer to get books that way, please send the preferred email address.
Happy reading!

17.          Women Take the Reel film: “Fear No Gumbo”

When: Thursday, March 5th, 6:30-9PM

Where: E15, Bartos Theater

Kimberly Rivers-Roberts, known from the Academy Award nominated documentary Trouble the Water (2008) turns her video camera on herself and her community years after Hurricane Katrina (which she calls "America's worst man-made disaster"), giving her viewers a rare behind-the-scenes look at how some of the residents of New Orleans recovered and are still trying to recover from the storm.

6:30pm Pizza
7pm Screening
Followed by Q&A with Director Kimberly-Rivers-Roberts
Part of the Women Take the Reel<https://www.gcws.mit.edu/gcws-events-list/wttrevents2020> film festival.

18.         BCG Company Info Session for Advanced Degree Students

When: March 5th, 7PM

Where: BCG Boston Office (200 Pier Four Boulevard, Boston, MA 02110)

RSVP: here<https://www.bcg.com/en-us/d/events/5mar2020-bcg-company-information-session-for-advanced-degree-students-238974>

Please join BCG representatives and other MDs, JDs, PhDs, and Postdocs for an evening of networking, the opportunity to learn more about full-time career opportunities at BCG, and our three-day Bridge to BCG summer program! The presentation will begin at 7:15 PM and will be followed by networking with BCGers from various offices.

19.         International Women’s Day

When: Friday, March 6th, 10AM-2PM

Where: Lobby 10

Celebrate International Women's Day with the MIT Women's League on Friday, March 6.  Visit our table in the center of campus - Lobby 10!

Bring a friend or colleague to learn more about the WL and upcoming events.  Trivia, give aways, and more!

20.       BCG Harvard/MIT Women’s Breakfast

When: March 6th, 9AM

Where: Cafe Landwer, Fenway

Register: here<https://talent.bcg.com/Events/RegisterStep2?folderId=10033094&source=Event&id=>

Join us for an informal breakfast to learn more about BCG, consulting, and our Women at BCG network from current BCGers.

21.         WiDS (Women in Data Science) Conference

When: March 6th, 8AM-5PM

Where: Microsoft New England, One Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA 02142

For the fourth year, Harvard, MIT, and Microsoft Research New England are proud to collaborate with Stanford University to bring the Women in Data Science (WiDS) conference to Cambridge, Massachusetts. This one-day technical conference will feature an all-female line up of speakers from academia and industry to talk about the latest data science-related research in a number of domains, to learn how leading-edge companies are leveraging data science for success, and to connect with potential mentors, collaborators, and others in the field. For more information and registration please visit the website: https://www.widscambridge.org<https://www.widscambridge.org/>.

22.        Free Yoga Class at the Cheney Room

We are holding a free yoga class in the Cheney Room on Friday, March 6 from 12-1 PM. This will be a gentle yoga class taught by an MIT Recreation instructor. In order to participate, please register here<https://cheneyroomyoga.eventbrite.com>. Spots are limited, so sign up soon!

23.        Warrior Women Film Screening

When: Thursday, March 12th, 6:30PM Pizza, 7PM Screening, Followed by Q&A with Director & Producer Elizabeth A. Castle

Where: Bartos Theater (E15)

Co-sponsored by the LIST Visual Arts Center, Indigenous Peoples Advocacy Committee (IPAC), ICEO, and the MIT Chapter of the American Indian Science and Engineering (AISES).

Part of the Women Take the Reel<https://www.gcws.mit.edu/gcws-events-list/wttrevents2020> film festival.
In the 1970s, with the swagger of unapologetic Indianness, organizers of the American Indian Movement (AIM) fought for Native liberation and survival as a community of extended families.
Warrior Women is the story of Madonna Thunder Hawk, one such AIM leader who shaped a kindred group of activists' children - including her daughter Marcy - into the "We Will Remember" Survival School as a Native alternative to government-run education. Together, Madonna and Marcy fought for Native rights in an environment that made them more comrades than mother-daughter. Today, with Marcy now a mother herself, both are still at the forefront of Native issues, fighting against the environmental devastation of the Dakota Access Pipeline and for Indigenous cultural values.
Through a circular Indigenous style of storytelling, this film explores what it means to navigate a movement and motherhood and how activist legacies are passed down and transformed from generation to generation in the context of colonizing government that meets Native resistance with violence.
For more information about Women Take the Reel and Warrior Women, Click Here!<http://wgs.mit.edu/events-all/warriorwomen>

[cid:image016.jpg at 01D5EBE8.76D10ED0]