[GWAMIT] Upcoming events! - Week of Feb 5, 2018

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Wed Feb 7 12:29:03 EST 2018

Hello GW at MIT!

Welcome back! We hope you had a great IAP and we're looking forward to this semester! First of all, thank you to all who filled out the Title IX Training Survey! We got a bunch of responses that we'll use to help improve the Title IX/sexual harassment and misconduct training here at MIT and at other schools in New England Graduate Women in Science and Engineering (NE GWiSE). The winner of the $25 Amazon Giftcard has been selected- congrats!

For upcoming events we have a Galentine's Day movie next Tuesday (see below for details and sign-up) and our Spring Leadership Conference in April (see below). Please sign up to help us organize the conference if you can and save the date for attending! Our keynote is going to be Dr. Susan Hockfield, the president of MIT 2004-2012! Other events TBD.

Best,
GW at MIT Exec

1. Galentine's Day movie! (free ticket!)
What: I, Tonya, watch the awesome trailer!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjDZwOJlxNE
When: Tuesday 2/13 at 7pm
Where: Kendall Square Cinema
RSVP here, spots are limited!! - https://goo.gl/forms/nxHLgJQap5lJ7l2t2
We'll email you today or tomorrow if you got a spot. If you don't get an email then you're on the waitlist. Thanks!

2. Sign up to organize the GWAMIT Spring Conference!
When: now!!
Sign up: link<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfvIJEgRXW4iFXiyWhkPrqkYLf8u5yWye6kT0-o5Nrj50zAfg/viewform>
We are currently recruiting organizers for our annual Spring Conference, held during Spring semester 2018. We are looking for:

- Co-Chairs of the Leadership Conference: Conference Co-Chairs lead the committee members, set the conference theme, and oversee all general planning of the conference.
- Event Leads: Each conference has several Event Leads who spearhead a single event (either an invited speaker, a panel, a workshop, etc.). Event Leads are part of the conference committee.

Please note that currently the conference is scheduled for the week of April 2nd, 2018 (on the Thursday 4/5 through Friday 4/6 or Saturday 4/7). The theme will be focused on leadership and professional development.

Please contact the GWAMIT Executive Board at gwamit-exec at mit.edu<mailto:gwamit-exec at mit.edu> if you have any questions. We also encourage you to read more about previous leaders and events on our website: http://gwamit.mit.edu.