[GWAMIT] #MeToo? From hashtags to action

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Wed Nov 1 16:16:18 EDT 2017

Hi GWAMIT & DIS members!

We wanted to let you know about an opportunity to be involved in local politics, as the MA senate debates a bill about colleges’ and universities’ policies on sexual violence (S.2081<https://malegislature.gov/Bills/190/S2081>) tomorrow morning. The External Affairs Board is organizing an event to get as many students as possible to attend the debate and sit in the gallery, wearing MIT gear if possible. If you’d like to show your support, meet us at the Park Street T stop at 10:30am tomorrow 11/2. Final details and RSVP are on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/events/183889812178502/184123358821814/>.

Back on campus, GWAMIT is hosting a lunch event on Friday 11/3 to talk about MIT’s resources and policies on sexual assault and harassment. The event is in W20-306 at 12:00pm. Please RSVP<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/stop-sexual-harassment-in-higher-education-and-the-workforce-tickets-38880074349> and spread the word. You can submit questions for the panelists anonymously here<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Q39MSKJ>.

We want to extend our support to anyone who has been impacted by sexual and gender-based violence, and our thanks to those who have spoken up to proclaim that the current culture is unacceptable. We hope that by coming together as a community while this issue is prevalent in the news, we are able to turn hashtags into action.

With love,
GWAMIT Exec Board

[https://mailfoogae.appspot.com/t?sender=acHhzdTI1QGdtYWlsLmNvbQ%3D%3D&type=zerocontent&guid=25369f15-a38e-4e41-9fe6-ce3e9fee079c]ᐧ