[GWAMIT] Mentoring Program Invitation

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Tue Aug 29 16:57:59 EDT 2017

Dear Graduate Women at MIT,

With the start of the semester, the GWAMIT Mentoring Program has opened applications for women graduate students to be matched with a mentor. In the program, graduate women are mentored by faculty, alums, or Boston-area professionals. Mentorship can be sought in areas ranging from careers to more personal matters.

Graduate women mentees are responsible for meeting with their mentor every month for a minimum of 1 hour and attending a beginning-of-term and end-of-year dinner. After one semester, you can choose to be rematched or leave the program, but we prefer for you to participate for the entire academic year so that you can build a strong relationship with your mentor.

If you are interested in participating as a mentee this school year, please fill out the survey here by Friday, September 15th: https://goo.gl/forms/qC2tF5EUwqEDjSDF2.

Mentees will be able to enter preferences for mentors based on mentor profiles that will be distributed soon. Mentees will be given priority in selecting mentors in the order you fill out the above survey, so please don’t wait!

If you have a recommendation for a faculty/alum/professional mentor, questions, or would like more info, visit our website<http://gwamit.scripts.mit.edu/gwamit-exec/mentoring-program/> or e-mail gwamit-mentor at mit.edu<mailto:gwamit-mentor at mit.edu>.

Best wishes,

GWAMIT Mentoring Program Committee