[GWAMIT] Announcements - Week of November 30, 2015

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Mon Nov 30 17:09:37 EST 2015

[image: Inline images 2]
Dear GW at MIT Members,

We're nearing the end of the year, and that means we're starting to look
for the next executive board to take over in 2016.  If you're interested in
learning about the positions available and how else you can get involved
with GWAMIT, join us on Friday for an informal lunch discussion (details
below).

We also hope to see many of you at our end-of-year social on December 15th!

The GWAMIT Board

*Send your ideas to:* gwamit-exec at mit.edu
*Send your announcements to:* gwamit-sec at mit.edu
*Visit us:* http://gwamit.org

*======== IN BRIEF========*

*GW at MIT:*
1. GWAMIT Executive Board Info Session (Dec. 4th)
2. GWAMIT End-of-Semester Social (Dec. 11th)

*MIT:*
3. [GSC] Ski Trip Tickets Still Available (Now - Dec.)
4. Contribute to the Giving Tree (Nov. 23rd - Dec. 11th)
5. [MIT S&P] Ice Skating @ Kendall Square (*Today!*)
6. Workshop on Budgeting (*Tomorrow!*)
7. [WGS] Why "Tolerance" Misses the Point: Legality of Sexual and Religious
Difference in Islamic Law (Dec. 2nd)
8. MIT $100K Accelerate Apps Open! (Dec. 3rd)
9. Breaking the Mold Conference (Dec. 5th)
10. Ice Hockey Clinics (Dec. 11th)
11. Accepting Head TA and TA Applications for IAP Course MOMENTUM
12. [MIT Work-Life Center] Fall Seminar Series (Oct - Dec)
13. [GCWS] Applications open for Spring 2016 Seminars (Jan. 4th)

*Outside MIT:*
14. [McKinsey & Co] Apply for the APD Women's Leadership Challenge (Dec.
7th)
15. Employment Opportunities with McKinsey & Company (Dec. 7th)
16. [MASS AWIS] Member Appreciation Event (Dec. 9th)
17. [MASS AWIS] Annual Winter Social & Holiday Party (Dec. 16th)
18. PrimaTemp Study Looking for Volunteers (Ongoing)
19. L'Oreal USA For Women in Science Fellowship (Nov. 30th - Feb. 5th)

*====================FULL ANNOUNCEMENTS====================*

*********** GW at MIT ***********

*1. Executive Board Info Session *
*When*: Friday, December 4, 12:00 - 1:00 PM
*Where*: TBD
*Info*: link <http://gwamit.org/executive-board/>
*RSVP*: link <http://goo.gl/forms/owzmNn8yZ8>

Want to get more involved with GWAMIT? The executive board changes over in
January, and we're hosting a lunchtime info session for you to meet the
current executive board and learn about the positions available!

If you're interested but can't make it, feel free to email
gwamit-exec at mit.edu with questions at any time.

*2. GWAMIT End of Semester Social*
*When*: Tuesday, December 15th, 7:00 - 9:00 PM
*Where*: The Meadhall, 4 Cambridge Cr, Cambridge
*RSVP*: link
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kds8jjpuhwao9x5Dro-1G-WMSbgGEAF4CuoFql7Rkeo>

The semester is about to finish and we would like to celebrate with you all
before the Christmas break. Join us on Tuesday, December 15th at the
Meadhall in Kendall. Food and drinks will be served!

*********** MIT ***********

*3. [GSC] Ski Trip Tickets Still Available*
*When*: Through December
*Where*: link <http://gsc.mit.edu/ski>
*Info*: email <gsc-skitrip at mit.edu>

Increased availability of tickets for the 2016 MIT GSC-Snowriders Ski Trip
has allowed us to extend sales!! We will continue to sell tickets online at
http://gsc.mit.edu/ski into December. In addition, each MIT affiliated grad
student, post-doc, or alum can now bring TWO non-affiliated guests!

   - The trip will take place from* January 8-11, 2016*, at Jay Peak Ski
   Resort in Vermont!
   - There are two types of tickets to choose from, you can arrange your
   own transportation to Jay Peak ($305), or you can take the bus with us
   ($365).

Both types of ticket include:

   - Three days of skiing, boarding, and mingling with your friends in a
   relaxed and fun atmosphere!
   - Beautiful accommodations close to the hill with kitchens and common
   areas
   - Discounts on gear rental (rental session will take place December 2
   and 3 on MIT campus)
   - FREE skiing or boarding beginning lessons (limited by lottery)
   - FREE PASS to the amazing indoor water park, including a private MIT
   water park party on Sunday night (January 10th)!
   - Automatic entry into a raffle to win a FREE PAIR OF SKIS or a
   SNOWBOARD, as well as other swag!
   - Additional FREE events like the popular Sugar on Snow maples syrup
   tasting bonanza!

For more information, check out our site (http://gsc.mit.edu/ski), or
contact us at gsc-skitrip at mit.edu.

See you all on the slopes!

*4. Contribute to the Giving Tree*
*Tag pick-up*: Monday, November 23 - Friday, December 4
*Gift drop-off*: Monday, November 23 - Friday, December 11
*Where*: MIT Building 4-104 <http://whereis.mit.edu/?go=4>
*Info*: link
<http://web.mit.edu/mitpsc/volunteering/programs/givingtree/getinvolved.html>

Share the joys of winter -- give a gift to a child in need! Whether you’re
a student, alumni, faculty, staff, or friend, you can provide gifts to
children and families in need throughout Cambridge and Boston.

We've created a video <http://bit.ly/psc-3v> of our 2014 gift room that
captures our community's ethic of service. All of the contributions from
MIT students, alumni, faculty, and staff allowed us to provide over 700
gifts to children and families served by 10 agencies in the local
community. For more information about any of these organizations or to find
out how you can help even more, please contact volunteering at mit.edu.

Find out more about how to participate
<http://web.mit.edu/mitpsc/volunteering/programs/givingtree/getinvolved.html>
and view the list of participating agencies
<http://web.mit.edu/mitpsc/whatwedo/volunteering/programs/givingtree/agencies.html>.

*5. [MIT S&P] Ice Skating @ Kendall Square*
*When*: Monday, November 30, 5:30 - 8:00 PM
*Where*: Community Ice Skating Rink @ Kendall Square (300 Athanaeum St,
Cambridge)

Winter is finally approaching, and MIT Spouses & Partners and Postdoc
Association would like you to invite you to an evening of outdoor fun.
Please join us on Monday, Nov. 30, from 5:30 - 8:00 PM at the Community Ice
Skating Rink @Kendall Square. We are looking forward to this festive
opportunity to spend some quality time with our colleagues and their
families while enjoying one of the season's most wonderful pastimes.

The cost of skating will be covered by us, as will skate rentals for
children. Adults, do bring your ice skates if you have them, otherwise
rentals are available for $8 at the rink.

Learn to skate from 6:30 - 8:00 PM: Suzanne Porc, an ice skating teacher as
well as a sports & mathematics teacher, will be available to teach you how
to move on the ice. If you have never been on the blades or if you want to
learn more, Suzi can help. A longtime skater, Suzi participated in the
World Synchronized Skating Championship in Finland.

*6. [ODGE] Workshop on Budgeting*
*When*: Tuesday, December 1, 12:00 - 1:30 PM
*Where*: MIT Building W20-308 <http://whereis.mit.edu/?go=w20> (Student
Center Coffeehouse Lounge)
*Info*: link
<http://news.mit.edu/2015/graduate-student-financial-literacy-initiative-launched-1002>
*RSVP*: link

The next workshop in ODGE’s Financial Literacy for Graduate Student series
is fast approaching. On Tuesday, December 1st we will be offering a
workshop on Personal Budgeting. There will be a multimedia presentation
using resources from the iGrad financial literacy platform (see below), as
well as plenty of time for Q&A and discussion. MIT Federal Credit Union
will also have a representative on hand to offer their advice. Free pizza!

We request that interested students RSVP here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/114l1NpkRs8Vdh0QvcrSH5CQjz1Rdgw3jDDFxQTV4k4A/viewform

*7. [WGS] Why "Tolerance" Misses the Point: Legality of Sexual and
Religious Difference in Islamic Law*
*When*: Wednesday, December 2, 5:00 - 7:00 PM
*Where*: MIT Building 3-270 <http://whereis.mit.edu/?go=3>

The McMillan Stewart Lecture, presented by:
Anver Emon, Professor & Canada Research Chair in Religion, Pluralism and
the Rule of Law, University of Toronto, Faculty of Law

*8. MIT $100K Accelerate Apps Open*
*Deadline*: Thursday, December 3
*Apply*: link
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0011fcOnTFkkDqFy3MLUixQ4VbWNq9zlSSpwRyTDOXn1oT3lf0F5nGOifRZAXiWp5PwXT6MI-1Fip2CV3VXMnYlMzbWFj19UFFs_16n885o19oL5_0UMz8byK9YtuqaiIEOR8TFzwW8q5ZJcGoq8iAfWTsHaT1REsmyi9uTw2EsfiEC88wAbztHnC7tE_RW-C0WG_cNX3k2pb6mE1DryJ_3CA==&c=khMWrXePJyKi8i-l8x9iFqsRMN6Xs-SDc3mUrFJskLSVS3GJc2snOA==&ch=bVcLgU5aEdtfRLOLx14G7Z8_5XnbuJPNyOxSYqdS99WKvlsztZdJLg==>

The purpose of Accelerate is prototyping. Semi-finalists will have a small
budget, access to industry experts, and a dedicated month to test the
idea's manifestation into a product or service. The semifinalists will then
present their prototypes behind closed doors. Ten outstanding finalists
compete live for a $10K Grand Prize and a $3K Founder.org Audience Choice
Award.

Don't miss out.

*9. Breaking the Mold Conference*
*When*: Saturday, December 5, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
*Where*: MIT Media Lab <http://whereis.mit.edu/?go=E14>
*Info*: link <http://www.mitbreakingthemold.com>
*Tickets*: link <http://bit.ly/getmitbtm>

Breaking the Mold is an initiative to help students develop approaches to
managing unconscious biases in the classroom, workplace and board room.

The discussion is split across two conferences: Saturday, December 5th
(8am-5pm) and Friday, February 5th (half day)

Conference features interactive panels, workshops and keynote speakers:
Former President & CEO of the LA Dodgers and Chief Product Officer of
OKCupid

Tickets can be purchased as a bundle (for both conferences) or for the
December conference only at bit.ly/getmitbtm

Learn more about speakers, the conference and the Breaking the Mold
initiative at www.mitbreakingthemold.com

*10. Ice Hockey Clinics*
*When*: Friday, December 11, 7:00 - 9:00 PM
*Where*: Johnson Ice Rink, Z-Center (membership or day pass required)
*Info*: email <club-hockey-officers at mit.edu>
*RSVP*: link <http://tinyurl.com/MITHockeyClinic2015>

Wish you had a little more ice time to practice, and some tips to develop
your skills? Here's your opportunity to get world-class coaching and some
extra ice time. You will do drills to work on basic skills, team play, and
develop game situational awareness.  For more on Reggie and his coaching
staff, check out our website
<http://web.mit.edu/club-hockey/www/index.shtml>.

Cost: $20/person.

Discounts:

   - Pre-register with a friend for the same clinic, pay $30 for 2
   - Pre-register solo for both clinics, pay $30 for 2

*11. Accepting Head TA and TA Applications for IAP Course MOMENTUM*
*When*: Monday, January 4 - Friday, January 29
*Info*: link <http://ome.mit.edu/programs-services/momentum-overview>
*Head TA App*: link
<http://ome.mit.edu/programs-services/momentum-2016-head-teaching-assistant-application>
*TA App*: l
<http://ome.mit.edu/programs-services/momentum-2016-teaching-assistant-application>
ink
<http://ome.mit.edu/programs-services/momentum-2016-teaching-assistant-application>

We are looking for a Head TA and TAs for the IAP course Momentum. Attached
are the job descriptions of both positions.

MOMENTUM is a 4 week course over MIT’s Independent Activities Period
(January 4th - January 29th). This year we will be partnering with the NSF
Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering. The Center explores the
brain-computer interface; its mission is to improve lives by connecting the
brain with technology. The theme will be: Explore the Brain Computer
Interface – Control the World with Your Mind. Students will work in small
teams to construct a system that controls a robotic arm in coordination
with a human arm to perform a task. The course will culminate with group
presentations to industry representatives.

For more information visit:
http://ome.mit.edu/programs-services/momentum-overview

Job application can be found here:

TA application -
http://ome.mit.edu/programs-services/momentum-2016-teaching-assistant-application

Head TA application -
http://ome.mit.edu/programs-services/momentum-2016-head-teaching-assistant-application

*12. [MIT Work-Life] Fall Seminar Series *
*When*: November - December
*Where*: Varies
*Info*: link <http://hrweb.mit.edu/worklife/seminars>
*Register*: link <http://hrweb.mit.edu/worklife/seminars/>

Check out events presented throughout the semester as part of the MIT
Work-Life Center’s Fall Seminar Series
<http://hrweb.mit.edu/worklife/seminars>. Our presenters, who are experts
in their fields, will share research-based strategies, tips, and
information on more than 25 topics, including:

   - Student loan repayment strategies
   - Developing your negotiation and communication skills for challenging
   conversations
   - Eating healthy and staying active on your own schedule and budget
   - Buying your first home
   - Parenting
   - Eldercare
   - And more!

All seminars are free of charge and open to the entire MIT community and
their families; however, registration is required
<http://hrweb.mit.edu/worklife/seminars/>.

*13. [GCWS] Applications open for Spring 2016 Seminars*
*When*: Deadline Monday, January 4
*Info*: link <http://web.mit.edu/gcws/courses/current-upcoming-courses.html>
*Contact*: email <gcws at mit.edu>

GCWS graduate seminars are open to students across disciplines at all GCWS
member institutions
<http://web.mit.edu/gcws/about/member-institutions+programs.html>. Masters
and PhD students are eligible to apply as well as advanced undergraduate
students doing work in a discipline related to the course topics.

For complete course descriptions on the two courses below, visit our
website: http://web.mit.edu/gcws/courses/current-upcoming-courses.html

   - *Feminist Inquiry*
      - Spring semester:  Tuesdays, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
      - February 2, 2016 – May 10, 2016
      - Meets at MIT, Building and Room TBD
   - *The Secret Sex Life of Anthropological Artifacts: Gender and Race in
   the Museum*
      - Spring semester: Thursdays, 4:00 - 7:00 PM
      - February 4, 2016 – May 12, 2016
      - Meets at the Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology at Harvard
      University
      - **Contact the GCWS for more information**

There is an application process for GCWS courses.  Applications are
accepted until the enrollment deadline and are reviewed by the seminar
instructors immediately following.  Students will be notified of their
final acceptance two to three days after the deadline. Students may apply
after the deadline, pending available space in the class.

2015-2016 Spring Application Deadline: January 4, 2016
Rolling admission until course is filled

Please call or email the GCWS at gcws at mit.edu for more information about
application procedures, member institution cross-registration policies, or
credit questions, and visit our web site: http://web.mit.edu/GCWS

*********** Outside MIT ***********

*14. [McKinsey & Co] Apply for the APD Women's Leadership Challenge*
*Deadline*: Monday, December 7
*Apply*: link
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mckinsey.secure.force.com_Event_job-5Fdetails-3Fjid-3Da0xA000000BPGFSIA5&d=AAMF-g&c=yIH1_-b1hO27QV_BdDph9suDL0Jq0WcgndLmIuQXoms&r=HsxO9fufuF2adh7LehiEYcjFQs4iqtvjTOEXs_fYEUSaP0HZFKuevrp_oiJxhFgt&m=GKgEOyCr-1WNGARKGcuYHiyceAuDzs3dU7g00bA9ems&s=2z9rJ7hA_Py8r8Md05Sb3tH2YgbwSV_i7TLjyEODk-M&e=>

McKinsey passionately believes in developing outstanding female leaders. We
do so every day, internally and with our clients. We have also published
numerous acclaimed pieces that demonstrate the importance of women in
leadership positions, including Women Matter
<http://www.mckinsey.com/features/women_matter> and the Centered Leadership
<http://www.mckinsey.com/careers/our_people_and_values/diversity_and_inclusion_networks/mckinsey_women/centered_leadership_project>
project. We'd like to invite you to take the next step of your leadership
journey with us by participating in the APD Women's Leadership Challenge.
In this program, we'll help you:

   - Shape your own leadership style by playing to your strengths
   - Develop your communication style
   - Network with other highly talented women

Our leadership programming and material will be presented via video
conference in our local offices. These large sessions allow us to connect
every region while our experts present material on leadership topics. After
each video conference session, you regional group will meet in person to
debrief on the content and practice the new skills you have learned.
McKinsey women will lead the debrief sessions to help you practice what you
have learned, to help set goals, and to mentor you through the program.

*Eligibility*
The program is open to APD women (PhDs, JDs, postdocs, medical students,
interns, residents, and fellows) currently on campus at Columbia, Harvard,
MIT, NYU, Northwestern, and Stanford who will finish programs in 2018 and
2019.
*Your application to this program has no bearing on future applications for
full-time or internship roles

*Timeline*
This is a year long program that will run January to December 2016. You are
expected to participate in quarterly in-person small group meetings on
campus.
To apply, please submit your resume by Monday, December 7th. Click here to
apply
.

*15. Employment Opportunities with McKinsey & Company*
*Deadline*: Monday, December 7
*Info*: link
<http://www.mckinsey.com/careers/your_career/McKinsey_on_campus/schools/apd/other_phds_and_post_doctorates>
*Women's Webex*: link <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2015FallWebEx>
*Apply*: link <http://www.mckinsey.com/associateintern>

McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that advises
senior management of the world's leading organizations on issues of
strategy, organization, technology and operations.

If you have a passion for problem solving, a drive to have significant
impact in the world, and a desire to work in a supportive team-based
environment, we invite you to learn more about our career opportunities.
Please see the details below on our upcoming events and our internship and
summer programs for PhDs, postdocs, masters students, medical students,
interns, residents and fellows.

*Paid Internships in Select Offices World-Wide*
The Associate Internship program is the best opportunity to explore
management consulting at McKinsey. It gives each participant the
opportunity to work on a client project as a member of a McKinsey team.
Select offices worldwide offer this program, typically lasting from 8 -10
weeks, during the late spring through early fall of 2015. To learn more
about this and other programs please visit:
http://www.mckinsey.com/careers/your_career/McKinsey_on_campus/schools/apd/other_phds_and_post_doctorates
*Eligibility*:  Open to Ph.D. students, postdocs, medical students,
interns, residents, fellows, JDs and non-M.B.A. Masters
*Online Application Deadline*: December 7, 2015
*Application Link*: www.mckinsey.com/associateintern
*Please Note*:

   - Masters students who completed their undergraduate program by July 1,
   2013 should apply for the Associate Intern opportunity
   - Masters who completed their undergraduate program after July 1, 2013
   should apply for the Business Analyst Intern opportunity
   - Medical interns, residents & fellows who intend to complete their
   program in 2017 or 2018 may apply

*MD Fellowship*
We are excited to announce the McKinsey MD Fellowship, a learning program
for medical students who seek to become proficient in the business of
medicine. The paid MD Fellowship offers medical students, between their
third and fourth years, the opportunity to spend two years as a McKinsey
consultant, working with healthcare leaders in the private, public, and
social sectors. Offered in most of our North America offices.
Please visit our MD Fellow page
<https://mckinsey.secure.force.com/Generalist/job_details?jid=a0xA000000AeJTZIA3>
to learn more about the program, eligibility and to apply by December 7 for
summer 2016 start date.

*Web Presentations*
If you are unable to join us on campus, we are hosting several web based
presentations to help graduate students learn more about McKinsey & Company
and our summer opportunities. Please visit our “Online Events” section on
our website
<http://www.mckinsey.com/careers/your_career/mckinsey_on_campus/online_events>
for details and to RSVP:

*McKinsey Women's Webex*
We invite you to learn what makes the experience of women at McKinsey
unique: the opportunities we have to make real impact, the support we
receive in our personal and professional growth, and the influential
network of exceptional women professionals to which we belong. You'll have
a chance to ask questions, learn about the types of projects we've been
working on, and get a sense of the opportunities for growth and development
available at the firm. We hope you'll come away understanding why other
talented women like yourselves have decided to explore McKinsey as a career
choice. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2015FallWebEx

*Videos*
Our YouTube careers playlist
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL30C54D951E8E1688> offers a variety
of videos to help you learn more about our firm and our people. The videos
cover a wide range of topics, including but not limited to, women at the
firm, leading a full life, our staffing process, diversity at the firm, and
more.

*Diversity & Inclusion at McKinsey*
At McKinsey, we are dedicated to building a great firm that attracts,
develops, excites, and retains exceptional people. We aspire to be
recognized as the best professional services firm in the world for all
candidates, regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, or
background. To learn more about McKinsey Women, please follow us on
Facebook @ McKinseyWomen <http://www.facebook.com/mckinseywomen> and view
our electronic women's brochure. http://www.mckinsey.com/womensbrochure To
learn more about our other diversity networks, including Black Consultants
at McKinsey, Hispanic and Latino Consultants at McKinsey, and LGBT
colleagues at McKinsey, please visit the Diversity & Inclusion section of
our website
<http://www.mckinsey.com/careers/our_people_and_values/diversity_and_inclusion_networks>.

*16. [MASS AWIS] Member Appreciation Event*
*When*: Wednesday, December 9, 6:00 - 8:30 PM
*Where*: MIT Picower Institute – Simons Center (MIT Building 46-6011
<http://whereis.mit.edu/?go=46>)
*RSVP*: link <http://www.massawis.org/MemberAppreciation2015>

Learn more about MASS AWIS activities.
Find out how to become a MASS AWIS volunteer.
Celebrate our volunteers.

Guest speakers:

   - Joanne Kamens, Executive Director at Addgene and MASS AWIS co-founding
   member
   - Uche Amaechi, Board member at Science Club for Girls

Members and non-members are welcome!
Registration is free for all!

Please RSVP so we can get a headcount:
www.massawis.org/MemberAppreciation2015

Agenda

   - 6:00-6:20 PM: Registration and light dinner
   - 6:20-7:00 pm: “Volunteering to enhance professional skills” – Joanne
   Kamens & Uche Amaechi
   - 7:00-7:30 pm: Overview of MASS AWIS volunteer opportunities and MASS
   AWIS Awards
   - 8:00-8:30 pm: Networking reception

To learn more about MASS AWIS: www.massawis.org

Questions about this event? Send an email to: cinzia.metallo.awis at gmail.com

*17. [MASS AWIS] Annual Winter Social & Holiday Party*
*When*: Wednesday, December 16, 6:30 - 9:30 PM
*Where*: Rattlesnake Bar & Grill, 384 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02116
*Register*: link <http://www.massawis.org/wintersocial2015>

You and a guest are invited to join us for a fun filled evening with prize
swap, cookie sampling and so much more:

   - Make cards for hospitalized kids in need of some holiday cheer
   - Reunite with fellow AWIS members and meet new ones
   - Bring a batch of homemade cookies and swap recipes with others
   - Hear about the exciting new events in store for MASS AWIS 2016
   - Optional prize swap: to play bring wrapped gift (can be a gag) of less
   than $25
   - Admission includes buffet dinner and one beverage (soda/beer/wine)

To register visit: www.massawis.org/wintersocial2015

MASS AWIS members $25 · Non-members $35

To learn more about MASS AWIS and other upcoming events, please visit
www.massawis.org.

Join AWIS to save money on events and to support our work!

*18. [PCH at MGH] PrimaTemp Study Looking for Volunteers*
*When*: Rolling applications until December
*Info*: email <PrimaTempStudy at partners.org>
*Apply*: link <http://j.mp/1L8UFPt>

Are you a healthy female aged 21-43?
Are you interested in learning more about your body?
Are you trying to conceive naturally?

Partners Connected Health at Massachusetts General Hospital is conducting a
research study to evaluate a new vaginally-inserted temperature monitor.

The primary purpose of the study is to gather information about the safety
and user experience of the device and evaluate how well the device works
with predicting the day of ovulation and fertility window.

Participants may receive up to $500 for completing the study.

Contact Research Analysts Danielle Sackstein or Bridget Gerstel at
617-643-9660 or 617-643-6368, or e-mail PrimaTempStudy at partners.org for
more information on the required qualifications and details of the study.

*19. *
*L'Oreal USA For Women in Science Fellowship*
*When*: Monday, November 30 - Friday, February 5
*Apply*: link <http://www.lorealusa.com/forwomeninscience>
*Questions*: email <RPacifico at us.loreal.com>

The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science program recognizes and rewards the
contributions women make in STEM fields and identifies exceptional women
researchers committed to serving as role models for younger generations.
More than 2,250 women scientists in over 110 countries have been recognized
since the program began in 1998.

In the US, the For Women In Science fellowship program awards five
post‐doctoral women scientists annually with grants of $60,000 each.
Applicants are selected from a variety of fields, including the life and
physical/material sciences, technology (including computer science),
engineering, and mathematics.

I invite you to collaborate with us and spread the word to your community
about this special fellowship program for exceptional female post‐doctoral
researchers who are also committed to serving as role models for the next
generation of girls in STEM.

Applications will open on November 30, 2015 and are due by February 5, 2016.

The application and more information about the L’Oréal USA For Women in
Science program can be found at www.lorealusa.com/forwomeninscience.

Should you have any questions or require additional information, please
e‐mail me at RPacifico at us.loreal.com.

Thank you for considering this fellowship opportunity and for your help in
advancing the role of women in science.

*Join GWAMIT on the web to get the latest updates:*
*Visit us:* http://gwamit.org
*Blog:* http://gwamit.blogspot.com
*Twitter:* http://twitter.com/gwamitweb
*Facebook:* http://www.facebook.com/gwamit